Friday, April 17, 2009

People Smarter Than I Have Figured This Out

To Hell with Photobucket. I don't know what their problem is. A great post at a blog called Eros Den (yes, I was afraid to click on the link, too, but it's okay), has an even easier way around them to do the whole animated gif thing. You use google docs. Here are the instructions from the blog. I plan to leave a comment saying how much he helped. Fair Warning: there is some Eros to be seen/read on Eros Den's main page, but I've linked to the specific post. G-Rated for all audiences.

How To (I did not recreate his hotlinks. Maybe later):

The second solution that I found doesn't require a third party hosting site. It's actually something new I'm trying. I'm using Google Docs! That's right.
1. Go to Google Docs. If you have a Blogger account, you have a Google account; that means you also have access to Google Docs. (Just look at the drop down menu on the Firefox homepage (the
Firefox search page ), then find Google Docs. )
2. Sign in. Click on
New menu and start new document. Type your post. You insert your gifs and pictures using the Insert menu. Once you're done with your post, Click on Save.
3. Go back to to Docs Home. Click on
More Actions menu, then choose Preview to see if your gifs are working.
4. Go back to Docs Home and click on
More Actions menu, then Click on Publish. You'll be taken to the Publish Document screen. Click on Publish to blog. Fill out the settings as appropriate. Then Click Ok and you're done! Go visit your blog and see how the post looks. You can make your adjustments there til you're happy.
I used Google Docs for this post. I'm pretty happy with the results. Not bad for a first try. Let me know if you have any questions or suggestions.

2 comments:

  1. I just dropped by to say that I'm glad you found a solution to your photobucket problem. And thank you for the feedback and tips on what you found out from your experience. It's all very good and very helpful information. Makes blogging a little easier and fun :)

    ReplyDelete